Nov 19, 2015

Patient Care Review

Recently, I do a little calculation and review the patients I've treated for the past three years.

There were 2,391 person-time visits in 2014. 
There were 2,291 person-time visits in 2015.
There were 3,220 person-time visits in 2016.

Approximately 1/3 of them took only Chinese herbal medicine, 1/3 came for acupuncture (manipulation, cupping, moxibustion) and 1/3 received both acupuncture and herbal medicine. Below are the main discomfort they came for help, you’ll know better about the situation when Taiwanese turn to TCM for help.

The most frequent chief complaints are: common cold, cough, allergic rhinitis, GI disorder (constipation, diarrhea, GERD, stomachache, abdominal distension), asthma, chest pain/tightness, female infertility, menstrual disorder, dysmenorrhea, acne, insomnia, neck stiffness, back pain, low back pain, sciatica, joint pain, muscle soreness, trigger finger, bad breath, carpal tunnel syndrome, patella femoral syndrome, DeQuervain’s syndrome, stroke (stable), facial palsy, headache, dizziness, cold limbs, fatigue, pruritus, DM, HTN, sjogren's' syndrome, anemia, etc. 

Other less frequent chief complaints are: gray hair, MDD, herpes zoster, to lose weight, to increase height (teenagers), lack of breast milk, breast enlargement,early ejaculation, foamy urine, cancer adjuvant therapy.

I feel blessed, grateful and proud to be a TCM doctor since I love to solve all kinds of physical and mental problems for patients. The most important thing is, I believe patients are the best teachers and I did learn a lot from them. I am in my early thirties and I'll keep learning more and more, refining my medical expertise as well as the way communicating with patients and their family. This is indeed the best job in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment