Nov 20, 2015

Exchange Medical Students

04 Aug 2015, 20:10

Two medical students who came from Grenoble, France, are doing their clerkship in our department for this August. It's very interesting for us to exchange the information about our medical systems in our own countries. These medical students hardly learned anything about traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Nevertheless, they choose to come to Chinese Medicine Department in TSGH to see how we practice TCM. It is a good chance to introduce TCM to them, I feel very excited.

I recalled 6 years ago, when I was doing my internship in the Chinese medicine department in TSGH, a medical student came from Austria. I typed with my laptop to translate in English instantly about what the doctor and patients were talking about to make her realize how a TCM doctor take patient's history. I still feel very excited of doing so.


Besides, thanks to Forumosa.com, I met in person with a California acupuncturist last week. It's very nice of him to share his experience of learning and practicing TCM with me and I also benefit a lot from the information about the current situation of acupuncture in U.S. I’m truly grateful for his reaching out and I welcome anyone who is interested in TCM (or integrated medicine) or having any question about TCM to meet in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment